Monday, June 17, 2013

A Year's Not So Bad

I've been asked "when" I'm going to start blogging again.  I don't know.  I'm horrible at writing and I enjoy reading everyone else's musings so much more.  I do facebook so I don't have an excuse that "I don't have time."  I think my excuse is that I'm pretty brainless these days and don't have much more than a fleeting thought to share.  Maybe social media and texting have done this to me?

I guess I'll post our "old" news...  We are adopting two little girls from China.  We are HOPING to go before November, but there's been a snag in the process.  On the China side of things, there's been a new computer system that's been implemented in the last few weeks and there have been major problems!  Ah, technology.

Let me introduce our daughters-to-be.  Cora Lihong will be 2 on September 6th.  She is in foster care in Xiamen City, Fujian.  She has spina bifida (repaired myelomeningocele) and hydrocephalus.  Mariel Tianxiang is 9 years old and her birthday is November 28th.  She has been in foster care for the past 3 years and is in Guangzhou, Guangdong.  She has albinism.  We are beyond excited and READY to get our girls!

This is Cora Li in March after we sent her a care package.
 

One of Cora Li's referral photos


I think this is the picture of Mariel that I fell in love with!
 

This picture was taken in May.  Mariel performed in a children's program at the orphanage.  We sent her this dress in April.
 

Beautiful Mariel

3 comments:

Vicky said...

I love your blog update!

ourchinagirls said...

I am so happy to find your blog!! I also fell in love with your oldest daughter when she was on BAAS list. I was unable to get a reluctant husband waiver to bring her home. Can't wait to see her in your arms!!

likeschocolate said...

Congratulations on your newest additions. Found your blog via google images as I am looking for the orphanage my daughter is in right now. They say she is in a rehabilitation clinic in Kai Feng. No wonder why you are in a brain fog right now. With adopting 2 and your other children it is a wonder you can even have a coherant thought. Can't wait to read through your journey tonight. Thanks, Kelleyn